|Sue Demel, Steve Dawson, Jenny Bienemann, Sue Fink
|2014 group photo, by David Sameshima
Below are the lineups for each night (and I'm honored to be performing each night, too). Click any performer's
name to go directly to their website! See you there!!
- Formerly with Special Concensus, currently with Weavermania and many others, always performing as well as teaching
his skills at Old Town School of Folk Music (hereafter, OTS
), Chris is an extraordinary musician, astounding flat-picker, excellent songwriter, and all-round nice guy. And a good
story-teller to boot!Donna Adler
- Donna could sing the phone book and people would be happy, but on top of having a beautiful voice and guitar style,
she writes honest, moving songs. Very glad she'll be adding her voice to this evening!Eddie Holstein
- Eddie and his late brother Fred were stalwarts of the 60s Chicago folk scene. With such contemporaries
as John Prine, Anne Hills, and the late Steve Goodman, you can bet Eddie has fascinating stories as well as songs.
He's funny, talented, and has something to say, and we're honored to have Eddie join us for this first show.
(Oh yes, and along with Chris, he's an OTS instructor!)
What a way to kick off the series! This
night is as 'folk' as it gets. These three know each other well, and I can guarantee a memorable and inspiring evening!Monday, April 13th:
- Well-crafted songs + strong perspective + a lot of heart = James Curley. James writes of social issues
as well as love, in a variety of styles, and has odes to his heroes and influences as well. You can't keep
from using your mind and tapping your toes when James performs! Jim Green
- The artist formerly known as "The Wandering Endorphin," Jim Green, using his Michael Hedges-like
guitar skills, writes both amazing instrumentals and lyric-driven songs. Not to be missed! Be sure to watch some
of Jim's videos, and see if you can figure out how he does all that with only two hands.Laura Glyda
- Laura is my newest musical discovery! Gorgeous, soulful vocals, skilled songwriting, beautiful
music. She will be the perfect third ingredient to this masterful musical mix!
Ecclectic styles, strong
performers, everyone has something valuable to offer, and I'm not sure what the final result will look like, but
I know that it will be magical! Monday, April 20th:
- Charles, of Duck and Goose (currently on hiatus), is a phenominal multi-instrumentalist as well as gifted songwriter.
His songs set a mood and his lyrics offer surprising insights. Currently Charles performs with The Diving Bell and is
involved with many other music projects as well.Jane Godfrey
- St. Louis-based Jane Godfrey tells vivid stories in her songs. I am not mis-using the word "literally"
when I say she can have you literally laughing one minute and in tears the next. Her songs stay with you and make you
think. On top of that, Jane and I toured together last year (the Ya Just Never Know!
tour), and I'm so glad she's coming in for this show!Robin Bienemann
- Jenny and Robin Bienemann are like Chicago's "Nick and Nora": style, class, originality, and talent!
Jenny performed in last year's series, and this year we're thrilled to have Robin! He plays guitar like nobody's
business, a style all his own; and his lyrics about strange situations and characters are unlike anything else you'll
ever hear. HOW does he do it? Maybe he'll tell!
Expect amazing musical skills and the emotional
gamut. Hold tight to your seats, the ride is about to begin! Monday, April 27th:
Amy Shoemaker and Susie Lofton
- Amy and Susie together are The Sweet Maries (along with other musicians, in a different set-up than this evening).
They are both involved in additional music projects as well. As The Sweet Maries, they enhance each other's songs
with their gorgeous harmonies! Melodic and strong, individually and together, they are a force to be reckoned with. Christina Trulio
- Christina also performed in my series last year. She, Amy, and Susie often share the stage, and their camaraderie
will add an ease to our sharing songs and ideas this evening. Originally from California, Christina studied
music at Berklee, and now she's wow-ing Chicago with her musical diversity and beautiful lyrics.
power sneaks up on you quietly, and that's what this final night is about. Enjoy the musicality and emotional impact
that these friends will share!